1. It's difficult to say. 很难说。
2. No comment. 无可奉告。
3. I'd rather not say anything about that.
对此我宁愿不发表任何意见。
4. I'm sorry I can't answer the question.
很抱歉我无法回答这个问题。
5. I suppose it depends on your point of view. 我想这要看你的观点了。
非正式场合表达法
1. It all depends. 要看情形了。
2. Could be. 可能是吧。
3. Search me! 我回答不了。
4. Well, I don't know really. 哦,我真的不知道。
5. Not my department, I'm afraid. 恐怕这不是我所能知道的。
正式场合表达法
1. It's difficult to give an opinion right away.
很难立即发表意见。
2. I'm afraid you'd have to ask Mr. Robinson about that.
恐怕这事您得问罗宾逊先生。
3. I'm afraid I can't comment on the issue.
恐怕我不能对此问题加以评论。
4. I don't have anything to say on his manners.
我对他的举止没什么可说的。
5. I'd rather not commit myself on that, if you don't mind.
如果您不介意,我倒希望不对此事发表意见。
课后题目:学完后,你知道“恐怕这不是我所能知道的。”这句话怎么译?