一、边听边学Listen and Learn
拐弯抹角,说话绕圈子 beat around the bush
fair enough 有道理,说得对
give it to someone straight 直截了当告诉
bully someone into something 威胁某人干某事
throw for a loop 感应震动,情感波动
to do a 180 有180度的大转变
二、边听边说Listen and Speak
A: Okay, can I ask you something direct?
我能问你些事儿吗?
B: Ha! It's not like you've ever been one to beat around the bush.
哈!这可不像你,你说话从来都不拐弯抹角的。
A: Fair enough. Give it to me straight. Did she bully you into this?
说得对。跟我说实话不。她威胁你这么做吗?
B: No, seriously . . . I really want this.
不是的。我真的想这样。
A: I tell ya, when I got the invite, it really threw me for a loop. You've done a complete 180.
告诉你,当我拿到请帖的时候我很惊讶。你的态度转了180度。
B: I know. But things have changed. I guess I've settled down.
我知道,但是事情变了,我想就这么定了。
A: I guess so!
我想是吧。
可可地盘,英语学习者的乐园Click here >>> http://dipan.kekenet.com/
n. 欺凌弱小者,土霸,开球
vt. 威胁,恐