一、边听边学Listen and Learn
tear to pieces 撕碎,痛斥
throw someone a bone 给人表面上的小恩小惠
shoot down 击落,否认,辩驳
get on my nerves 让我心烦
beat 筋疲力尽的,疲惫不堪的
call it a day 收工
二、边听边说Listen and Speak
A: Well, then what? Every suggestion Imake, you tear to pieces. At least throw me a bone here! It’s not helpful for you to just shoot down my ideas!
怎么?我提出的每一个建议你都不接受,至少留些口德吧!你否认我的想法对你自己一点好处也没有!
B: Well, I don’t know what to get him either.What do you buy for the man who has everything?
好吧,但是我也不知道要给他送什么。你给这个拥有一切的人买什么?
A: Oh, you’re a great help! Your optimismis beginning to get on my nerves. I’m beat. Maybe we should just call it a day.
唉,你帮倒忙了!你的乐观开始让我神经紧张心烦意乱。我觉得非常地疲惫!也许我们今天该到此为止了。
可可地盘,英语学习者的乐园Click here >>> http://dipan.kekenet.com/
n. 眼泪,(撕破的)洞或裂缝,撕扯
vt.