本课结束后,你将能够和旅店接待顺畅地交流,获得预定的房间。
SARAH:I don't know, Mark.
Mark,我不知道。
MARK:Sarah. Be right back.
Sarah。马上回来。
SARAH:It's awful.
真糟糕。
MOTEL MANAGER:Yeah I'm coming! I'm coming. Can I help you?
耶我来啦!我来了。我有什么能帮你吗?
MARK:Yeah, hi, I called earlier and booked a room for tonight. The name's Murphy, Mark Murphy.
我提前打了电话,订好了今晚的房间。我的名字叫 Murphy,Mark Murphy。
MOTEL MANAGER:Sorry, no rooms, all booked.
很抱歉,已经没有空房了,都被预订了。
MARK:Wait, wait, wait. What do you mean? I phoned earlier and spoke to someone.
请稍等,请稍等,请稍等。您是什么意思呢?我之前打过电话来和某人讲过的。
MOTEL MANAGER:What's the name again?
麻烦您再告诉我下您的名字?
MARK:Murphy, Mark Murphy.
Murphy, Mark Murphy。
MOTEL MANAGER:Murphy. Says here eleven o'clock am check-in time. It's nearly four o'clock now.
Murphy。现在是11点办理登记入住时间。现在已经快4点了。
MARK:We drove around for a couple of hours and got lost.
我们开了将近2个小时的车,迷路了。
MOTEL MANAGER:Well, that's a shame.
真可惜。
MARK:We tried to call.
我们试着打电话。
MOTEL MANAGER:A family drove in here about an hour ago. You weren't here so we gave them your room.
一家人在1小时前开车来到这里。你当时不在这儿所以我们把您的房间给了他们。
MARK:Listen, ma'am. You see that woman out there? You see that's my girlfriend. And tomorrow's her birthday. And, well, I have a very important question to ask.
听着,太太。你看到那边的那位女士了吗?你看,她是我的女朋友。明天是她的生日。好,我要问一个很重要的问题。
MOTEL MANAGER:You poor thing. Well, there is this one other room.
好可怜。还有另外一间房。
MARK:We'll take it.
我们要的。
MOTEL MANAGER:Well.
好的。