Welcome to English in a Minute, where we teach you all about idioms in American English.
欢迎收听《一分钟英语》,在这里我们将告诉您一些美式英语中的俚语。
Have you ever heard this before?
你以前听过这个么?
I'm starving, Let's grab a bite.
我好饿,我们先去先吃点东西垫垫肚子吧。
If someone has ever told you in English that they were going to "grab a bite", and you were confused, this is the right program for you.
如果某人说他们要去“grab a bite(随便吃几口)”,而你却不明白这是什么意思,本期节目正适合你。
All this talk about food is making me hungry.
这些节目全是关于食物的,弄得我都饿了。
Yeah, I'm starving too!
是的,我也饿了!
Do you wanna grab a bite?
想去吃点东西垫垫肚子么?
Sounds good.
好主意。
In American English, when you say you want to "grab a bite", is means that you want to eat right away, or that you're interested in eating quickly.
在美语中,当你说自己想去“grab a bite(随便吃几口)”,意思是你想现在去吃点东西,或者是你想随便吃点东西,不要花太长时间。
If you want to make plans, or sit down and have a nice, fancy meal at a famous restaurant, you may want to say something else instead!
但是如果你是有计划的,在一家有名气的饭店吃一顿大餐,这个短语就不合适了。
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。