Welcome to English in a Minute.
欢迎收听《 一分钟英语》。
If you have heard American English, you probably have heard this: You better treat him with kid gloves.
如果你曾经听过美语的话,可能会听到过这个“你最好小心翼翼地(戴着羔羊皮手套)待他”
Is someone telling you to put on a pair of gloves? Let's listen again.
是叫你戴上手套么?一起来听听吧。
I heard Sam is really upset.
我听说 Sam 很心烦意乱哦。
Really?
真的?
Yes, and he may be upset for a while.
是的,他可能烦一阵子了。
You better treat him with kid gloves.
你最好小心翼翼地待他。
It sounds as if Sam needs to be treated carefully and gently.
听起来需要小心温柔地对待Sam。
That's what "treat him with kid gloves" means.
这就是“带着羔羊皮手套对待他”所表达的意思。
Gloves made from kid leather -- leather from a lamb or young goat -- are soft.
由小山羊皮(是羔羊皮或者小山羊皮)制成的手套,很柔软。
So if someone is angry, or upset, you might need to "treat him with kid gloves" -- very carefully.
所以如果某人很生气,心烦意乱,你可能需要温柔地对待他哦(treat him with kid gloves),要异常的小心。
You better treat him with kid gloves.
你最好小心翼翼地对待他。
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。