Welcome to English in a Minute, where we teach you all about idioms in American English.
欢迎收听本期的《一分钟英语》,在这里我们将告诉您一些美语中的俚语。
Idioms in American English can be hard to understand.
美语中的俚语很让人费解。
So let's see if we can figure out what this idiom means.
所以下面让我们来看看它的意思吧。
Miss the point.
没抓住要领。
Okay. So now do you understand?
好了,那么你现在懂了么?
I'm not sure. Can you explain it again? I think I missed the point.
不太明白。你能在说一遍么?我想我没有抓住要领。(missed the point)
Okay, I'll explain it one more time.
好吧,那我再说一次。
It sounds like someone does not understand something, and that's exactly what "miss the point" means.
听起来似乎是某人没有弄明白某些事情,这正是“miss the point”的意思。
When you miss the point, it means that you don't understand something.
当你没有抓住要领时(miss the point),你就没有弄懂某些事情。
You can use this phrase in any situation and everybody in America will understand you.
这个短语试用于各种情形,在美国大家都能明白你的意思。
Miss the point.
没有抓住要领。(miss the point)
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。