1.惯用口语句子:
Nowadays the students' burdens are too heavy.
如今学生的负担太重了。
They have to do a lot of reading.
他们不得不读很多书。
Their homework piles up high.
他们的作业堆得可高了。
burden n. 负担,担子
Being illiterate in this world just won't do.
现在这个世界没有文化可不行。
It won't do without knowledge in this society.
现在这个社会没有知识可不行。
It's hard to find a good job not being well-educated.
若没受过良好的教育,想找好工作就难了。
I believe study is the only way out.
我认为学习是惟一的出路。
illiterate a. 没有文化的
well-educated a. 受过良好的教育的
Study is really a pain in the neck.
学习真是件让人头痛的事。
a pain in the neck“令人讨厌、头疼、烦恼的人或事”
I specialize in English literature.
= I major in English literature.
= My major is English literature.
我现在主修英国文学。
specialize v. 专攻,专门从事
major v. 主修 n. (大学中的)主修科目
Are you busy with your study this term?
你这学期学习忙吗?
Do you have a tight schedule this term?
你这学期课程安排紧吗?
schedule n. 时间表,课程表
“be busy with”意思是“忙于”,后面一般接名词。
How many compulsory courses do you have?
= How many required courses do you have?
你有几门必修课?
compulsory a. 必修的
required a. (美)必修的
I think you're overloaded.
我想你已经超负荷了。
I'm afraid your course load is a little too heavy.
恐怕你的课程负担太重了。
I think you'd better carry a little load in the first term.
我认为你最好在第一学期课程负担轻一些。
overload v. 使超载,使负荷过多
load n. 负担,负荷
David failed the math exam.
大卫的数学考试没有及格。
I passed the English test this time.
这次我英语测验通过了。
fail v. 不及格
pass v. (考试等)及格,通过
I'm up to my ears in study.
我的学习可忙了。
up to one's ears/elbows/eyes”热衷于,埋头于”
I usually review for the test at the last minute.
我通常在最后关头才复习备考。
review v. 复习功课,温习功课
at the last minute“在最后一刻”
I need to cram for tomorrow's test.
我得为应付明天的测验而临时抱佛脚了。
cram v. 仓促准备,做临时应急准备