2.实用对话
Standards of Choosing a Mate择偶标准
Brother: Dana, what's up? You look depressed.
哥哥:达纳,怎么了?你看上去很沮丧。
Sister: Well, I just broke up with Daniel. Now I'm thinking about what kind of guy I'll end up with.
妹妹:嗯,我刚刚和丹尼尔分手了。现在我在想我最终会和什么样的男人在一起。
Brother: That's really a difficult question. What kind of guy do you like?
哥哥:这个问题真的比较难。你喜欢什么类型的男人?
Sister: I guess I like men who are funny. Someone who can make me laugh and relax a bit. They should be clever. witty and aggressive. And...
妹妹:我想我喜欢风趣的男人。那种能让我开怀大笑、感觉稍微有点放松的男人。要聪明、机智、有进取心。还要…
Brother: What's the most important trait that you think men should have?
哥哥:你认为男人应该具有的最重要的品质是什么?
Sister: Loyalty and responsibility. I don't care much for personal wealth.
妹妹:忠诚和责任感。我并不太在乎他的个人财产。
Brother: What about his appearance?
哥哥:那外貌长相呢?
Sister: He should be tall, muscular and handsome.
妹妹:他应该高大、健壮而且帅气。
Brother: Well, what kind of men are not to your liking?
哥哥:嗯,那什么样的男人你不喜欢呢?
Sister: I hate men who always think they are right and are keenly alive to their interests, like you.
妹妹:我厌恶那些总是自以为是并且斤斤计较个人利益的男人,就像你这样的。
Brother: Dana. don't talk like that. I've always been a good brother to you. But it's alright. I know you're in a bad mood. Anyway, cheer up. I've a few friends who might meet your standards.
哥哥:达纳,不要那么说嘛。我可一直都是你的好哥哥。但也没关系,我知道你心情不好。不管怎样,你要打起精神来。我有几个朋友可能能够达到你的标准。
Sister: I apologize for what I said. Sorry.
妹妹:我为我说的话道歉。对不起。