18. Giving an Excuse for Being Late to Work
18.给工作一个迟到的理由
A: Good morning, Peterson Industries.
A:早上好,彼得森产业。
B: Hello, Betty. This is Roger.
B:你好,贝蒂。这是罗杰。
A: Hey, Roger. Where are you?
A:嗨,罗杰。你在哪里?
B: I am stuck on the 60 freeway. I'm going to be late for work.
B:我被困在60高速公路。我上班要迟到了。
A: Oh, no. Any traffic accident happened?
A:噢,不是吧。发生任何交通事故了吗?
B: I really don't know, Betty. All I know is that traffic is crawling.
B:我真的不知道,贝蒂。所有我知道的就是交通如爬行般缓慢。
A: I will tell your supervisor you called in late.
A:我将打电话告诉你的上司你要迟到了。
B: That would be great, but I could tell him myself.
B:这将太好了,但我可以自己告诉他。
A: Well, normally that would be okay, but he's stuck in the same traffic jam.
A:嗯,正常情况下会没事,但他也被困在同样的交通堵塞里了。
B: Oh no! Really? Okay.
B:噢,不是吧?好吧。
A: At least he'll know your excuse is true!
A:至少他会知道你的理由是真的!
B: Yes. Thank you. See you soon.
B:是的。谢谢你。回见。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载