19. Accepting Excuses for Not Meeting Commitments
19.接受错过会议的借口
A: Please have a seat.
A:请坐。
B: Thank you.
B:谢谢你。
A: I am very disappointed in you.
A:我对你很失望。
B: I know. Believe me, I tried very hard to make your deadline.
B:我知道。相信我,我尽力让你在最后期限前完成。
A: I was depending on that report.
A:我就指望那个报告了。
B: I know, but unexpected circumstances came up.
B:我知道,但意料之外的情况发生了。
A: Unexpected circumstances?
A:意想不到的情况?
B: Yes. I would have had it ready in time, but the computer crashed.
B:是的。我会按时准备好的,但电脑崩溃了。
A: The company computer crashed?
A:公司电脑崩溃了?
B: Yes, it did. I had weeks of saved work on it when it crashed.
B:是的,崩溃了。它崩溃的时候有我几周的工作量。
A: So your report was ready?
A:所以你的报告已经准备好了?
B: Yes, it was. The crash deleted all my work.
B:是的,准备好了。这次崩溃毁了我所有的工作。
A: Okay, I'll check with IT. Thanks.
A:好的,我会检查电脑。谢谢。
B: You're welcome.
B:不客气。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载