Jessica:Hey, I just talked to Jim.
杰西卡: 嘿!我刚刚和吉姆通话啦。
Mark:What did he say?
马克: 他说什么?
Jessica:He said he had to cancel the meeting this afternoon.
杰西卡: 他说他要取消今天下午的会议。
Mark:Oh, I see.
马克: 哦,我明白啦。
Jessica: Is there a problem?
杰西卡: 有什么问题吗?
Mark: No, It's not a big deal. He and I were supposed to talk to some new customers today.
马克: 不是,没什么大事儿。今天我和他应该去见几个新客户的。
Jessica: Sorry to hear that.
杰西卡: 很抱歉。
Mark: It's OK. This has been happening quite a bit recently.
马克: 没事儿,最近这样的事情总是出现。
Jessica: That's strange. I wonder why?
杰西卡: 那很奇怪,我在想是为什么呢?
Mark: His wife has been sick, so sometimes he has to go home early to take care of her.
马克: 他的妻子病啦,所有他有时要回去早点照顾他妻子。
Jessica: I see. How's work been going?
杰西卡: 我明白啦,最近工作怎么样?
Mark: Things are slow right now. Would you mind if I borrow your phone, mine's out of batteries and I have to call my boss to tell him about this.
马克: 最近不是很好。我可以用一下你的手机吗?我的手机没电啦,我要打电话给我老板,跟他说一下这件事情。
Jessica: OK, let me go get it. Its in the car.
杰西卡: 好的,让我去取一下,它在车里。