Hello, welcome back to Tip Top Trading where Anna is going downstairs to speak to warehouse manager, Mr Ingle.
你们好,欢迎回到Tip Top Trading,安娜正往楼下走准备跟仓库经理英格尔先生谈谈。
You’re looking a bit nervous…
你看起来有点紧张……
I am. Denise says if I speak to him in the wrong way, he might bite my head off!
确实。丹尼斯说如果我说话的方式不对,他可能会咬掉我的头(发怒)!
Relax Anna. It’s just an expression to mean he might be a bit aggressive.
放松,安娜。这种表达只是说他可能会有点生气。
You’ll be fine, just use the right polite phrases… oh, and smile!
不会有事的,只要使用正确的礼貌用语,并且微笑!
OK, I will. Oh look here I am…
好的,我会的,看,我到了。
Mr Ingle, are you there?
英格尔先生,你在那里吗?
I’d be most grateful if you could give me some…
我会很感激的,如果你能给我一些……
Oh, what’s that smell… and smoke… Mr Ingle!
这是什么味,还有烟……英格尔先生!
Mr Ingle. You’re smoking!
英格尔先生,你在抽烟!
Well… it’s my lunch break… so I’m allowed to smoke a cigarette, aren’t I?
这是我的午休时间,所以我可以吸烟,不是吗?
Really? Are you sure?
真的?你确定?
No, he’s not Anna! Smoking inside a public building is illegal – it’s against the law.
不,他不行,安娜!在公共场合内吸烟是违法的。
It’s dangerous too - you’ve got to do something about this.
这还很危险,你得做点什么。
Oh right. Mmm, er, Mr Ingle, you mustn’t smoke… it’s wrong.
好吧。英格尔先生,你不能吸烟,这是不对的。