Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
We all know that fish live in bodies of water.
我们都知道鱼生活在水中。
But what does it mean to be a "fish out of water".
但什么是“如鱼离水”呢?
Jonathan. Are you going on the work trip next month?
乔纳森。你将要在下个月出差吗?
No...I don't think so. I would feel like a fish out of water.
不。我看不是。我将会浑身不自在。
Why? Why do you say that?
为什么?你为什么这样说?
You know, I don't like forests and nature. I am more comfortable in civilization!
你知道的。我不喜欢森林,不喜欢大自然的环境。我在城市里会更舒适。
To feel "like a fish out of water" means to be in an unfamiliar or uncomfortable situation.
“如鱼离水”表示处在不熟悉或不舒适的环境中。
Imagine a fish trying to survive outside of water.
想象一下鱼在没有水的地方努力挣扎。
For Jonathan, being out in nature makes him feel like a "fish out of water". He would rather be in a big city.
对于乔纳森来说,大自然的环境就好像让他“如鱼离水”。他更希望待在大城市。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》!