派对好玩吗?
B: It was all right. I didn’t know anyone, so I kinda felt like a wallflower.
还行吧,我一个人都不认识,我感觉有点像个壁花。
Wallflower
[ˈwɔlˌflaʊɚ]
壁花,不善交际的人
I’m a wallflower at parties. I just usually stand alone in the corner all night.
我在派对中就是个壁花。经常一个人在角落站一晚上。
Nobody talked to me. I felt like a wallflower all night.
没人和我说话。我一晚上就像个壁花。
It means a person who’s not really social at parties or any social gatherings.
意思是那些在派对或者其他社交场合不怎么交际的人。
[ˈsoʃəl ˈɡæðərɪŋ]
社交聚会
I get nervous at social gatherings. I don't know how to talk to people.
我每次去社交聚会都很紧张。我不知道怎么和人交流。
Maybe it’s because he’s introverted or shy or has social anxiety.
可能是因为他内向、害羞或者有社交焦虑。
Introverted
/'ɪntrəvɝtɪd/
内向的
Social anxiety
[ˈsoʃəl æŋˈzaɪɪti]
社交恐惧
Social anxiety feels horrible. Your body tenses up and you can't say anything.
社恐感觉很糟。你的身体会很紧张而且说不出话。
But whatever it is, a wallflower will stay away from the crowd. They’ll hang back, in the background, not be a part of the party.
但无论什么原因,壁花会远离人群。他们会远远地站着,在背景里,而不融入派对中。
In the background
在背景里,当背景板
I like to stay in the background at social gatherings. I don't like the attention.
在社交场合我喜欢当个背景板。我不喜欢引人注目。
Actually, the term comes from the plant of the same name. It grows against the wall.
其实这个说法来自一种叫墙花的植物。它靠墙而生。
Wallflower
桂竹香
So, a wallflower at a party usually just stands against the wall, observing.
所以壁花在派对上经常就站在墙边,默默观察。