欺负人;欺负人的人
He is a bully.
他是一个欺负人的人。
He bullied me.
他欺负我了。
· call me names 起外号/骂人
· spread rumors 传播谣言
· punch (用拳头)揍
· push 推
· hit 打
例:He hit me.
他打了我。
· hurt 伤害
He hurt my feelings.
他伤害了我的感情。
Name calling
起外号/骂脏话
He did a lot of name calling to me.
他给我起了很多外号/骂了很多脏话。
Tease [tiz]
嘲笑/开玩笑
Oh, I am just joking.
哦,我只是开玩笑。
Oh, I am just teasing.
哦,我只是在开玩笑。
I am just teasing you.
我在跟你开玩笑。
Intimidation
[ɪntɪməˈdeʃən]
恐吓,威胁
动词形式:intimidate
I am intimidated.
我受到了威胁。
· racist/homophobic remarks
关于种族和同性恋的言辞
Verbal abuse
[ˈvɜ:rbl əˈbjuz]
口头谩骂
Verbal abuse sometimes is worst than physical abuse.
辱骂有时比身体虐待更严重。
Stand up for yourself
为自己挺身而出
When they made fun of me John stood up for me.
他们取笑我的时候,John为我挺身而出。
Defend yourself
自我保护,自卫/自我辩解
Don't let him talk to you like that. Defend yourself.
别让他那样跟你说话, 要保护自己。
Come to the defense of others
保护别人
I came to his defense when they accused him of stealing.
我站出来保护了他,当他们说他偷东西的时候。
Speak up for yourself/others
为某人说话(语言上的)
Stand behind someone
挺某人
No matter what happens to you, I'll stand behind you.
不管发生什么,我都挺你。