Bother [ˈbɑːðər]
花费时间、经历做某事
- Should I wait?
我应该等吗?
- No, don't bother.
甭费那劲儿了。
He didn't even bother to let me know he was coming.
他来了连告我一声的力气都不愿费。
He didn't even bother to get me a icecream.
他怎么连一个冰淇淋都没有给我买啊。
②
Bother
去打断、烦到某人,给人添麻烦
I don't want to bother her with my problems at the moment.
现在我不希望用我的问题给她添麻烦。
Stop bothering me when I'm working.
在我工作时别打扰。
③
Bother
让人感觉到担心,不安等
Being in an elevator bothers me.
呆在电梯里让我感觉不舒服。
The noise doesn't bother me.
噪音不会影响到我。
The noise bothers me a lot.
噪音让我很不舒服。
④
Sorry to bother you.
很抱歉打扰了。
Sorry to bother you, but someone is here for you.
很抱歉打扰了,但是有人来找你。
⑤
Can't be bothered (to do something)
不愿意花时间和经历做某事
I should really do some work this weekend, but I can't be bothered.
我这周真应该做些工作了,但是我不想…
All this happened because you couldn't be bothered to give me the message!
这些之所以发生是因为你连跟我发个信息的力气都不愿意花!
You should send me a message but you couldn't be bothered.
你本应该给我发一条信息但是你一点力气也不愿意花。
(all) hot and bothered
焦虑/紧张/糊涂/生气/神烦
Dad gets all hot and bothered if someone parks in his parking space.
如果有人在他的停车位上停车,我爸就会急得跳脚。
She hates him. Everything he says gets her hot and bothered.
她讨厌他,他说的每句话都能惹到她。