不论…不管…
No matter how hard I try, I can never beat Larry in chess.
无论我多努力的尝试,我都无法赢Larry一盘棋。
I'm always low on cash, no matter how much I save.
我总是没多少现金,不管我攒多少钱。
No matter how often I clean the house, the house is always dirty.
不管我多经常得清扫这个家里总是很乱。
No matter how hard I try, she just doesn't like me.
不管我多努力的尝试,这个女生就是不喜欢我。
Not only
不仅…/不止…
He was not only a writer but also an actor.
他不但是个作家还是个演员。
Not only can/do/will
常见于倒装句形式
倒装句:
Not only am I going to beat you tomorrow, I going to completely destroy you.
明天我不仅会赢你,我还会让你输的很惨。
普通句式
I am going to beat you tomorrow, and I am going to completely destroy you.
明天我不仅会赢你,我还会让你输的很惨。
【普通句式】
I can beat you.
我能赢你。
【倒装句】
Not only can I beat you, I can destroy you.
我不仅会赢你,我还会让你输的很惨。
Not only am I your boss, I'm also your worst enemy.
我不仅是你的老板,我还是你最大的敌人。
【普通句式】
I'll destroy you and I will also hurt you.
【倒装句】
Not only will I destroy you , I will also hurt you.
Since when…
从什么时候开始
- Since when has the parade been after school.
自从什么时候开始改在放学之后开始了?
- Since always.
一直都是。
When has the parade been after school?
从什么时候开始改在放学之后开始了?
Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday? Since when?
感恩节一直是周四?从什么时候开始的?
学校从来都不是八点上课。
- Since when did that happen?
从什么时候开始的?
Since when has that been?
从什么时候开始一直这样的?
Since always.
一直这样。
it's always been like this.
一直都是这样啊。