rock-hard
像石头一样坚硬
crystal-clear
像水晶一样清楚
dog-tired
像狗一样疲倦
paper-thin
像纸一样薄
A: Hey, Rob. I just got a call from a friend. She wants to rent out her apartment.
嗨,Rob,我刚接到一个朋友打来的电话,她想出租他的公寓。
B: Are you serious? How much is it?
你当真?多少钱呢?
A: It's dirt cheap. Only $100 a month. Although that doesn't include electricity or any other utilities.
便宜的不得了,一个月只要100美元。不过没有包括用电或其他公共设施服务费用。
B: Fantastic. When can I take a look?
棒了,我什么时候可以看一看?
A: Tonight if you want. However, there's one drawback.
如果你想的话,今天晚上可以,不过有一个缺点。
B: What is it?
是什么呢?
A: It's on the sixth floor and the building doesn't have an elevator, just stairs.
那间公寓在六楼。而且,那栋楼没有电梯,只有楼梯。
B: Damn.
可恶。
A: Look on the bright side. You'll get heaps of exercise running up and down all those steps.
往好的方面看,你沿着楼梯跑上跑下的时候能大量运动。
B: I don't know. I hate climbing stairs. Tell you what, I'm off to the gym. I'll think about it while I'm doing my workout and get back to you tomorrow.
我不清楚,我讨厌爬楼梯。这样说吧,我要去健身房了,我会在锻炼的时候想一想,明天在给你答复。
A: Cool bananas.
好极了。
adj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的