服务员解释自己没有粗鲁无礼,看看我们是怎么“反击”的:
客人A: It's your attitude. You're speaking to me in an impatient tone and I saw you roll your eyes at me. Is that not rude?
是你的态度。是你用不耐烦的语气对我说话,我还看见你对我翻白眼了。这还不粗鲁吗?
服务员B: I wasn't aware that I sounded like that.
我没意识到听起来是那样的。
第二轮:指出对方的态度问题
虽然对方没有说难听的话,但是态度不好,也让人很不舒服。
It's your attitude
是你的态度
如何在口语中应用:
① It's your attitude. That's why no one wants to work with you. You're too negative.
是你的态度。那就是为什么没人愿意和一起工作。你太负面了。
② It's your attitude I don't like. Quit complaining and get back to work.
我不喜欢的是你的态度。别再抱怨了,回去工作吧。
说到对方态度不好,我们还可以具体指出,到底有哪些无礼之处:
Speak to someone in an impatient tone
用不耐烦的语气和别人说话
口语中的举例:
① Don't speak to me in an impatient tone. You're not my boss.
别用不耐烦的语气和我说话。你不是我老板。
② The waiter spoke to her in an impatient tone. He was rushing her to order.
那个服务员用很不耐烦的语气和她说话。他在催她点菜。
还有一个非常明显不礼貌的举动:
Roll one's eyes at…
对某人翻白眼
口语中的举例:
① I saw that. Don't roll your eyes at me.
我看见了。别对我翻白眼。
② She rolls her eyes at everyone when she hears something she doesn't like.
当她听到什么她不喜欢的事情时,她就会对所有人翻白眼。