shoot hoops打篮球;投篮
slam-dunk灌篮
one-on-one一对一
three-pointers三分球
two-pointers二分球
an air ball空心球
knee-high to a grasshopper
形容人矮小
A: Hey, Nina. Fancy meeting you here. Do you come to the basketball court often?
嗨,妮娜,想不到在这里遇见你,你常来这个篮球场吗?
B: Yeah, I try to shoot some hoops whenever I can. It's good exercise and gives me some me time out of the house.
是啊,我有空就打打篮球,这是很好的运动,而且让我在外面有自己的时间。
A: Do you want to play some one-on-one?
你要不要来一场一对一的比赛?
B: Sure, but I'm warning you. I may whip your ass.
当然好啊。但我警告你,我可能会把你打得落花流水。
A: I don't think so. I've been playing since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. I can throw three-pointers in my sleep.
我可不这么认为。我还是小不点的时候就在打篮球了,我睡着也可以投进三分球。
B: We'll see.
走着瞧吧。
A: Okay, let's start.
好,咱们开始吧。
B: Two points to me...and another two-pointer...and another. Haha! You threw an air ball.
我得两分,再来一个。两分球又一个。哈,你投了一个篮外空心球。
A: Man, you're quick. And where did you learn to Slam-dunk like that?
天啊,你好利落,你从哪儿学会这样灌篮的?
B: My dad is the basketball coach at South Central Community College. I literally grew up on a basketball court.
我爸爸是中南小区学院的篮球教练,我可是在篮球场上长大的。
n. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱