实用短语
be absent from
缺席
He has been absent from work for three days.
他已经三天没来上班了。
be entitled to
使有权做
Everyone is entitled to give their own opinions.
每个人都有权发表自己的看法。
经典对话
A: Hello, Nick. Could you tell me if there are any special rules in our company?
你好,尼克。你能告诉我公司的一些特别规定吗?
B: Sure. The working time is from nine to five. Don't be late or absent from work. You should report your work to manager Wang every week.
当然可以,工作时间是从早上九点到下午五点,不要迟到或者旷工。你每周要向王经理汇报工作。
report...to...表示“向...汇报”
A: Is there anything else? What about my salary?
还有别的吗?我的薪水怎么样?
B: There is a strict and reasonable salary standard in our company. You can get your salary on the 10th day of every month. Benefits are paid according to the employee's length of service and the employee's past attendance record.
在我们公司有严格又合理的工资制度。你可以在每月的十号领到你的薪水。福利是根据员工的服务年限和考勤记录发放的。
A: Thank you for telling me about this. Would you mind telling me something else, such as attendance record, the holidays and how to ask for leave.
谢谢你告诉我这些,你不介意告诉我其他的事吗?比如考勤,假期以及如何请假。
ask for leave表示“请假”
B: All employees seem to ask the same question and I can understand. In addition to the important holidays and weekends, there are three days off a month.
所有的新员工似乎都问同样的问题,我能理解。除了重要的假期和周末,每月还有三天的假期。
in addition to表示“除了”,相当于“besides”
A: How about the annual leave?
年假呢?
B: After working for a year, you're entitled to a week's annual leave.
工作满一年之后,你就有资格享受一周的年假。
A: I see, thank you very much.
我明白了,非常感谢。
B: You're welcome.
不客气。