知识点总结
dismiss
(尤指因做错事)使免职,将...解职
He has been dismissed from his job for incompetence.
他因无法胜任工作而被解职。
axe(美亦作ax)
He has been axed from the team.
他被团队开除了。
lay off
开除;罢免
The factory is going to lay off many workers.
工厂打算裁员。
经典对话
A: Hello, John. Could you come to my office?
你好,约翰,能来一下我的办公室吗?
B: Sure. I'm just coming. Mr green, what can I do for you?
当然,我马上就来格林先生,请问您找我有什么事吗?
A: Have a seat, please. The staff in your department are pretty good. Everyone is working hard, these are all inseparable from your management.
请坐。你们部门的员工都很努力,每个人都在认真的工作,这些都离不开你的管理。
B: It's nothing. We also need to improve sales performance in every month to create greater value for the company.
这没什么,我们还需要提高每个月的销售业绩,为公司创造更大的价值。
A: Our business has been going down sharply in the past few months and we have to lay off some staff members.
我们的业务在过去几个月里急剧下降,我们不得不裁减一些工作人员。
B: Do you mean to cut staff in our department?
你的意思是说在我们部门裁减人员吗?
A: Yes, I'm sorry to tell you the news. Although you have been working very hard, your department's performance is not very good.
是的,很抱歉告诉你这个消息,虽然你们一直都很努力,但是你们部门的业绩一直不好。
B: I'm among the people who have to go?
我也是其中一员吗?
A: As a sales manager, you have not increased our sales.
作为销售经理,你没有增加我们的销售量。
B: You know, I've always been very conscientious. This job is especially important to me. I was counting on it to feed my family.
你是知道的,我一直都很尽职尽责。这份工作对我来说很重要,我还指望他养活我的家人呢。
A: I'm so sorry, but this is the board's decision, there's nothing I can do.
我真的很抱歉,但这是董事会的决定,我也无能为力。
B: All right. I try to accept the fact.
好吧,我尽量接受这个事实。