Harry's heart leapt.
哈利的心怦怦跳起来,
So did the witch; a load of fingernailscascadeddown over her feet and she cursed as the massive form of Hagrid,
那巫婆也惊得一跳,指甲纷纷洒落到她的脚背上。她诅咒着,只见海格,
the Hogwarts gamekeeper, came striding toward them, beetle-black eyes flashing over his great bristling beard.
那魁梧的狩猎场看守,正大步向他们走来,甲虫般黑亮的眼睛在大胡子上面炯炯放光。
“Hagrid!” Harrycroakedin relief.
“海格!”哈利心里一宽,沙哑着嗓子喊道,
“I was lost — Floo powder —”
“我迷路了……飞路粉……”
Hagrid seized Harry by the scruff of the neck and pulled him away from the witch, knocking the tray right out of her hands.
海格揪住哈利的后脖颈把他从老巫婆身边拉开,然后一挥手打落了她手里的盘子。
Her shrieks followed them all the way along the twisting alleyway out into bright sunlight.
她的尖叫声一直追着他们穿过曲曲折折的小巷,直到他们来到明亮的阳光下。
Harry saw a familiar, snow-white marble building in the distance — Gringotts Bank.
哈利远远地就看到了一个熟悉的雪白大理石建筑:古灵阁银行。
Hagrid had steered him right into Diagon Alley.
海格直接把他带到了对角巷。
“Yer a mess!” said Hagrid gruffly, brushing soot off Harry so forcefully he nearly knocked him into abarrelof dragon dung outside an apothecary.
“看你这样子!”海格粗声粗气地说,用力给哈利掸去身上的煤灰,重手重脚的,差点把他搡进一家药店外的龙粪桶里。
“Skulkin' around Knockturn Alley, I dunno—dodgy place, Harry—don' want no one ter see yeh down there —”
“在翻倒巷里瞎转,你不知道—那不是个好地方,哈利,别让人看见你在那儿—”
“I realized that,” said Harry, ducking as Hagrid made to brush him off again.
“我也看出来了,”哈利见海格又要来替他掸灰,连忙躲开,
“I told you, I was lost—what were you doing down there, anyway?”
“跟你说我迷路了嘛—你在那儿干什么?”
“I was lookin' fer a Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent,”growledHagrid.
“我在找一种驱赶食肉鼻涕虫的药,”海格粗声粗气地说,
“They're ruinin' the school cabbages. Yer not on yer own?”
“它们快把学校的卷心菜糟蹋光了。你不是一个人吧?”
“I'm staying with the Weasleys but we got separated,” Harry explained.
“我现在住在韦斯莱家,可是我们走散了,”哈利解释说,
“I've got to go and find them. . . .”
“我得去找他们……”
They set off together down the street.
他们一起朝前走去。