This wasn't the plan, you know.
你看,原来不时这么计划的。
I had a big future in mind when I was younger.
在我年轻的时候,我有远大的理想。
I was going to be a famous baker.
我希望成为伟大的面包师。
Like Julia Child, but with desserts.
就好象,朱利叶·奇奥德,和他一样做甜点。
I was going to go to a fancy cooking school.
我本来打算上一所不错的烹饪学校的。
Write cookbooks.
写几本食谱。
Make people fall in love with baking again.
使人们再次热爱烘焙食物。
I had all the applications, too.
我但是也拥有所有的申请表。
I was in the middle of filling them out when I learned I was pregnant.
我得知我怀孕时,我已经填了一半了。
A baby fit into my happily-ever-after plan just fine.
一个孩子闯入了我美好人生计划中,没关系。
I thought it was good news.
我认为是个好消息。
But it didn't fit into the guy's.
但是它却没有进入那个男人的生活中去。
Or maybe it was me that didn't fit.
或许是我没有告诉他。
Whichever. I was on my own.
无论如何。我一个人承担了一切。
So you had your kid instead of fulfilling your dream.
所以你要了你的孩子,而没有完成你的梦想。
I guess I did.
我猜是的。
If you had to do it all over, would you have gone to school instead?
如果一切可以重来,你会选择去学校学习吗?
Life definitely would have been easier if I'd done that.
如果我那么做,生活一定会好过的多了。
Gotten my act together first.
先实现我所有的梦想。
Had kids later. But those kids...
然后再拥有孩子,但是那些孩子。