霍尔小姐 你的合约上声明
has undergone an extensive background check, correct?
每位客户都经过详细的背景审查 对吧
That's right.
是的
And you claim
并且你声称
that your background checks are state-of-the-art. True?
你们的背景审核具有国内尖端水平 是吗
Absolutely.
当然是
They must be if you're asking someone to pay $25,000.
如果收取两万五千美金 这是我必须做的
So anything less than
所以如果有所疏漏
that would be breach of contract, am I right?
那就违反合约了 我说的对吗
I suppose so, yes.
我想是的 没错
Would the man in the back row please stand?
后排的那位男士 请您站起来 好吗
Do you recognize Ron Haywood? Yes. He's a client.
你认识罗恩·海伍德吗 认识 他是我的客户
Is it true that you tried to set him up
两个月前你是不是想
with Judge Summers two months ago?
试图撮合他和萨莫斯法官
I tried. He declined the date.
我试图那么做 不过他拒绝了
Hmm.
嗯
The heart wants what the heart wants.
心有所属 心有所向
Yes, it does.
是的 没错
Or maybe he just didn't
又或者
want to date the woman who sentenced him...
他只是不想和因他电话诈骗
to five to seven years in prison for wire fraud.
判处他五年徒刑的女人约会
Were you aware, Miss Hall,
霍尔小姐 你知道
that Mr. Haywood is a convicted felon...
海伍德先生是个被判决的重罪犯
and that Judge Summers presided at his trial?
而萨莫斯法官是他庭审的法官吗
No.
不知道
Last night, with the cooperation of the prison board...
昨晚 在监狱委员会的协助下
I cross-referenced all of your clients
我把你的客户
with the California felony database...
和加州重罪犯数据库做了比对
and Mr. Haywood and seven other men were on both lists.
海伍德先生和其他七位男士出现在两份名单上
So, Miss Hall...
那么霍尔小姐
you have introduced felons to wealthy women.
你介绍重罪犯给富有的女士
Gosh, imagine the liability.
想想你所谓的可信度
Your honor, we'd like a short recess.
法官大人 我们请求短暂休庭
Yes. I imagine you would.