Ex Marks the Spot
前任女友标记这一地点
“We have to formulate a plan,” said Frank.
“我们必须系统地提出一个计划,”弗兰克说。
“It appears that they have fortified their defense.
“好像他们已经加固了防御共识,
Their soldier are in formation.
士兵正在编队。
Somehow, we need to enter their fort and recover the secret formula.”
反正,我们需要进入他们的堡垒,夺回秘密配方。”
“To me, it looks more like a fortress,” said Gerald.
“对我来说,它看起来更像城堡,”安杰拉德说。
“I can foretell the results if we try to enter by force.
“我能预言我们试图用武力进入的结果。
We need to discover the format of their identification cards.
我们需要发现他们的身份证的格式。
If we forge two identification cards, we can probably get past the first gate.
如果我们伪造两个身份证,也许可以通过第一扇门。
Then we need to forestall the sentry from checking our cards through their computer.”
接着,我们需要预防岗哨通过电脑检查我们的证件。”
“Between the two of us, I think you have a more formidable voice,” said Frank.
“咱们两个人中,我觉得你的声音更令人敬畏,”弗兰克说。
“Maybe you can yell at him about something to distract him from checking our cards.”
“也许你可以找他的碴儿加以呵斥以吸引他的注意,让他不检查我们的证件。”
“Okay, I'll try it.” said Gerald.
“好的,我试试看,”杰拉尔德说。
“I think I'll use the commanding voice I acquired during my formative years as a drill sergeant.
“我想我会用我在成为军事训练中士的几年中学到的命令式声音。
I'll accuse the sentry of not giving me the kind of formal greeting an officer deserves.
我会指责岗哨未对一个军官使用正式的问候。
Let us hope he lacks fortitude and that he shrinks like a cheap cotton tee shirt.
我们希望他缺少勇气,像廉价的T恤一样畏缩。
We'll need a lot of good fortune tonight.”
今晚我们需要很大的运气。”
“You're already a fortunate man,” said Frank.
“你已经是一个幸运的人了,”弗兰克说。
“You have a beautiful wife waiting for you at home.”
“你有一位漂亮的妻子正在家里等你。”
“I know,” Gerald said.
“我知道,”杰拉尔德说。
“She had a forlorn expression when I left her three days ago.
“我三天前离开她时,她神情凄凉。
I think she knew I would be going on a dangerous mission.
我觉得她知道我将执行一项危险的任务。
I wish I could be more forthright with her, but I can't tell her anything about my job.
我希望对她能更加坦诚,但我不能告诉她有关工作的任何事情。
I can't believe she puts up with me.”
我不能相信的是她容忍了我。”
“What I can't believe is that you married my former girlfriend as a result of a fortuitous encounter,” Frank said.
“我不能相信的是你和我的前任女友在偶然的相逢之后就结婚了。”弗兰克说。
“Now, let's pray for similar luck tonight.”
“现在,让我们祈祷上帝今晚赐予我们类似的运气。”