I usually have to beg to be a part of weddings.
天大面子,才请得动我去饮喜酒。
And if I do get into the wedding, of course they postponed it,
我一答应去,对方不是改期。
and it's overseas somewhere, and they've canceled my passport,
就是改为旅行结婚。
and I can't be a part of it, and it's ridiculous and awkward and horrible.
离谱,所以你们要我。
So thank you. I take this very seriously.
担任伴郞,
It's a gift to be the best man.
我深感荣幸。
They say that once in your lifetime, someone comes along...
天作之合,天成的佳偶...
whom you're absolutely meant to be with.
一生人只有一个。
Everything feels great, stars are aligned,
想有这样的福气。
body and spirit are in balance.
天时地利人和,缺一不可。
For my friend Jonathan Trager,
对于吾友庄纳顿来说。
that person was me.
那个佳偶,本来是我。
But as you know, Jonny and I were simpatico.
庄仔同我。
We were brothers from another mother.
天生一对地设一双。
We were friends since freshman year.
我俩相识在大学一年级。
I watched him go out with woman after woman, and he'd always come crawling.
他有过不少女友,但总是浪子回头。
he would come crawling back to me.
重投我怀抱。
It was embarrassing. You loved it.
痴情到令我难顶,你其实钟意。
But then one night he came home and things were different.
有一晚他回来,判若两人。
His adolescent dream of becoming a documentary filmmaker was a thing of the past.
他抛却少年时代拍纪录片的志愿。
Thank God.
谢天谢地。