手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 威廉·莎士比亚 > 正文

有声读物《威廉·莎士比亚》第51期:苏格兰来的英国国王(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

We were all laughing and smiling now.

这回我们都开怀大笑。
Well,John,I said.
嗨,约翰,我说道,
If we're so rich,can I have a new door?
要是我们有了钱,可得给我买一扇新门啦?
I can't mend this one again—it's too old.
这扇破门再也不能修了—它太旧了。
That summer the plague came back.
那年夏天,瘟疫卷土重来。
By July a thousand people were dying every week in London.
到7月,伦敦每星期都有上千人濒临死亡。
One of them was the little son of Will's friend,Ben Jonson.
其中就有威尔好友本·琼生的小儿子。
By the end of the year there were 33,000 dead in England.
时至年底,英国有3万3千人死于瘟疫。
The theatres closed,and the King's Men went on tour.
剧院被封,国王剧团开始下乡演戏。
Will and I spent the summer at Stratford.
那年夏天,威尔和我返回斯特拉福镇。
When Christmas came,the King's Men put on a lot of plays at court.
到圣诞节来临,国王剧团入宫演出了很多出戏。
The King was at Hampton Court Palace that year,which was outside London,well away from the plague.
那年,国王到伦敦境外的汉普敦宫躲避瘟疫。
I couldn't go because I fell off my horse one day and broke my leg.
由于我不幸落马摔断腿而不能入宫。
Stupid thing to do!
真是倒霉!
I had to stay at home,but Will told me all about it when he came back.
只得呆在家里,不过,威尔一回来就会告诉我入宫演出的情况:


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。