Through the Bad Times
背运的时候
A woman's husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several months, yet she stayed by his bedside every single day. When he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer.
有一个女人,她的丈夫几个月以来不时地陷入昏迷中,然而她每天都不离不弃地守候在他的床边。他醒来的时候,示意她靠近些。
As she sat by him, he said, "You know what? You have been with me all through the bad times.
她坐在他身边时,他说:“你知道吗?在我走背字儿的时候你都在我的身边。”
"When I got fired, you were there to support me.
“我被解雇时,是你给了我鼓励。”
"When my business failed and I went bankrupt, you were there to comfort me.
“我生意失败、面临破产时,是你在旁给了我安慰。”
"When I got shot by a burglar, you were by my side.
“当我被窃贼打伤时,是你一直守护照顾着我。”
"When we lost the house, you gave me support.
“当我们失去房子的时候,是你支撑着我。”
"When my health started failing, you were still by my side... You know what?"
“当我的身体每况愈下时,你仍然留在我的身边……你知道吗?”
"What dear?" She asked gently.
“什么,亲爱的?”她柔声问道。
"I think you bring me bad luck."
“我想是你给我带来的厄运。”