Some Good Advice on Life from Kids
孩子们对于生活的忠告
Never trust a dog to watch your dog.
绝对不能让狗狗帮你看着食物。
When your dad is mad and asks you, "Do I look stupid?", don't answer.
你爸爸气急败坏地问你“我是不是很蠢”时,不要回答。
Never tell your mom her diet's not working.
千万不要对妈妈说她的节食没有效果。
Don't pull dad's finger when he tells you to.
爸爸让你拉他的手指时不要这样做。
When your mom is mad at your dad, don't let her brush your hair.
妈妈在生爸爸的气时,不要让她给你梳头。
Don't sneeze in front of mom when you're eating crackers.
吃薄脆饼时不要在妈妈面前打喷嚏。
You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
你不可能把花椰菜藏在牛奶里。
If you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse.
如果你想要一只小猫,就从一匹马要起吧。
Don't pick on your sister when she's holding a baseball bat.
你的姐姐拿着棒球棒时,不要去惹她。
When you get a bad grade in school, show it to your mom when she's on the phone.
你成绩单上的分数不够好,就趁妈妈打电话时拿给她。
Don't rush the toilet when your dad's in the shower.
不要在爸爸洗澡时冲马桶。
Never ask for anything that costs more than $5 when your parents are doing taxes.
爸爸妈妈计算税账时,不要去要求5块钱以上的东西。
When you want something expensive, ask your grandparents.
想要贵的东西,就去找爷爷奶奶吧。
Never tell your little brother that you're not going to do what your mom told you to do.
不想做妈妈让你做的事情时,千万不要把这个想法告诉弟弟。
Rememeber the two places you are always welcome: church and Grandma's house.
记得你永远受欢迎的两个地方:教堂和奶奶家。
When you have something you don't need, give it to the church.
你不再需要的东西,就捐给教堂吧。