M: Come and sit down, Mary.
男:过来坐下,玛丽。
W: Thanks, Mr. Davies.
女:谢谢,戴维斯先生。
M: Now which course are you doing?
男:你在上什么课?
W: I'm doing management studies with English and German.
女:我在上英语、德语和管理研究。
M: Aha, how is it all going?
男:啊哈,一切都好吗?
W: Well, it's not going too well. I'm not really enjoying the course. And ... Well, I'm not very happy.
女:嗯,并不太好。我不是很喜欢这门课。和…嗯,我不太高兴。
M: All right. Let's take things slowly.
男:没事。我们慢慢来。
M: Tell me something about the course.
男:给我讲讲这门课。
W: Well, there is just so much work.
女:嗯,有很多的工作要做。
W: I thought that to do two languages with management studies would be very useful.
女:我以前觉得学两门语言还有管理研究,是很有用的。
W: But I find the management course very difficult sometimes and then to study English and German too.
女:但我发现管理课程有时很困难,学习英语和德语也很难。
W: It means I'm working all the time. And I never have time to relax.
女:这意味着我一直在努力。我从来没有时间放松。
M: What about your accommodation? Are you happy with that?
男:你的住宿呢?你对此满意吗?
W: Not really. I mean the other students on my course are living in the student dormitory.
女:不是非常满意。我的意思是我这门课上的其他同学都住在学生宿舍里。
W: So they see each other all the time. I'm living in a rented room of a family house.
女:所以他们经常见面。我住在一个别人家里租来的房子里。
W: I eat breakfast and dinner with the family. But I get lonely in the evenings and the weekends.
女:我和这家人一起吃早餐和晚餐。但在晚上和周末我会感到孤独。
M: So, making friends is a problem, too.
男:所以,交朋友也是个问题。
W: Yes.
女:是的。
M: OK. I'm going to make two suggestions.
男:好的。我想提两个建议。
W: All right.
女:好吧。
M: First, which of the two languages do you enjoy most?
男:首先,你最喜欢哪两种语言?
W: English. I find it easier, too.
女:英语。我觉得它比较容易。
M: So I'd like you to go and see your German tutor. And say that you are going to stop attending German classes for the moment.
男:所以我想让你去看看你的德国导师。说明一下你现在要暂时停上德语课了。
W: OK.
女:好的。
M: Next. I think you should go to each of the five student dormitories, choose the one you like best and ask if you can move in there.
男:下一个。我认为你应该去五个学生宿舍看看,选出你最喜欢的一个,然后问问你是否可以搬进去。
M: Students are always moving in and out so that should not be a problem.
男:学生总是不断地搬进搬出,所以这应该不是问题。
W: Thanks a lot for your advice.
女:非常感谢你的建议。
M: Not at all.
男:不客气。