1. say goodbye:道别,辞别
e.g. He gave a wave of the hand to say goodbye.
他挥手告别。
e.g. We went on holiday at such short notice that I didn't say goodbye to Eric.
我们动身去休假之前十分仓促,我来不及向埃里克告别。
2. bring sb. around:改变…的观点;说服(某人)
e.g. We will do everything we can to bring parliament round to our point of view.
我们将尽己所能说服议会支持我们的观点。
e.g. I'll try to bring him around to your views.
我会努力劝说他同意你的观点。
e.g. I talked till my jaws ached, trying to bring him around.
我劝了他半天,嘴皮都快磨破了。
3. make myself clear:表白清楚自己的意思,说明白自己的意思
e.g. I am sorry that I didn't make myself clear. I need to have my shoes shined now. You see, I'm going to a banquet an hour from now.
对不起我没有把话说清楚。我现在就需要擦鞋,我一小时后要去参加一个宴会。
e.g.Let me make myself clear. I do not object to the existence of hedge funds.
我必须澄清一点,我并不反对对冲基金的存在。
e.g. Do I make myself clear?
我讲得清楚吗?
4. should like to:想要
e.g. I should like to know what his action imports.
我倒想知道他的行动用意何在。
e.g. I should like to add that we are pleased with the result.
我想补充一句,我们对这个结果感到高兴。
5. at the start:开始
e.g. At the start the work seemed complex, difficult, heartbreakingly slow.
开始时这件工作似乎十分复杂困难,而且慢得令人伤心。
e.g. The new system will be confronted with great difficulties at the start.
新体系开始时会遇到极大的困难。
6. faith in:对......的信任
e.g. I have faith in you;I am sure you will do well.
我相信你,我肯定你会做好的。
e.g. I have lost faith in him and have come to mistrust him.
我对他已经失去了信任,已经不信任他了。
7. do sb. credit:值得赞赏某人,使得某人值得赞扬
Expl. make sb worthy of praise
e.g. If you want to know, I thought she would do me credit.
我不妨告诉你,我觉得她是值得我这么做的。
e.g. It does her credit that she managed not to get angry.
她沉住气没发脾气, 这是值得称赞的。
e.g. His improved performance does his trainer credit .
他的表演有进步, 这应该归功於他的教练。
8. good luck to sb.:祝......好运
Good luck to your team.
祝你们好运。
e.g. Take care and good luck to you.
多保重,祝你好运。
9. at the moment:此刻,眼下
e.g. Our chief concern at the moment is the weather.
眼前我们最关心的事是天候。
e.g. The number is engaged at the moment. Try again in five minutes.
这个号现在占线,五分钟后再试试吧。