What's a Man?
男人是什么?
One day in the Garden of Eden, Eve calls out to God.
一天在伊甸园里,夏娃叫住了上帝。
"Lord, I have a problem!"
“上帝,我有个麻烦!”
"What's the problem, Eve?"
“你怎么啦,夏娃?”
"Lord, I know you created me and provided this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals and that hilarious comedic snake, but I'm just not happy."
“上帝,我知道你创造了我,还给我准备了这么美丽的花园,所有这些好棒的动物和那条滑稽的蛇,可是我并不幸福。”
"Why is that, Eve?" came the reply from above.
“为什么呢?”上帝问。
"Lord, I am lonely, and I'm sick to death of apples."
“上帝,我很孤独,而且我太想吃苹果了。”
"Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for you."
“那么,夏娃,我有一个办法,我为你创造一个男人。”
"What's a man, Lord?"
“上帝, 男人是什么?”
"Man will be a flawed creature, with many bad traits. He'll lie, cheat and be vainglorious; all in all, he'll give you a hard time.
“男人是一种有缺陷的生物,他有很多不好的习性,他会撒谎、欺骗还夸夸其谈。总之,和他在一起你会很难过。”
"But... he'll be bigger, faster, and will like to hunt and kill things. He will look silly when he's aroused.
“但是他的身材比你高大,速度也比你快,还喜欢猎杀。他生气的时候看起来会很愚蠢。”
"He will be witless and will revel in childish things like fighting and kicking a ball about.
“他会失去理智,沉迷于一些幼稚的事情,比如打打闹闹或是把球踢来踢去什么的。”
"He won't be too smart, so he'll also need your advice to think properly."
“他不大聪明,会需要你的忠告。”
"Sounds great!" said Eve, with an ironically raised eyebrow.
“听起来不错嘛!”夏娃扬了扬眉毛,嘲讽地说。
"Well... you can have him on one condition."
“只是……有一个条件。”
"What's that, Lord?"
“什么条件?”
"As I said, he'll be proud, arrogant and self-admiring...
“正如我说过的,他骄傲、自大又自负……”
"So you'll have to let him believe that I made him first.
“所以你要让他认为我是先创造了他。”
"Just remember, it's our little secret...
“记得这是我们的小秘密……”
"You know, woman to woman."
“你知道,女人间的小秘密。”