本段对话选自Desperate Housewives,《绝望主妇》
Hey, Tom. No, still waiting. Big surprise.
嗨,汤姆。不,还在等待。有个大惊喜。
They're running behind at an ad agency.
这么多人竞聘广告公司。
So did any of those other places call back? Seriously?
其他应聘公司有回应吗?真的?
Six interviews and nothing?
6场面试一次没成功?
Well, I should probably try and keep my game face on here. I'll-I,ll call you, later. I love you. Bye.
好吧,我得在这努力争取。我,我再打给你,我爱你,再见。
Mariana! I had a feeling that you'd be interviewing for this!
玛丽安娜!我就感觉你会来面试的!
Hey, Nikki.
嘿,尼基。
So I guess Anna should be showing up any minute,too.
我猜安娜也随时可能来。
No. You didn't hear?
不会,你没听说吗?
She's pregnant.
她怀孕了。
Oh,My god. A kid and she,just turned 30? Bye-bye,career.
哦,天哪。30岁生孩子?跟事业说再见吧。
Oh,don't start. I,m gonna be 30 in 2 years.
哦,别提伤心事。我还有2年就满30了,
I feel so old. Do you wanna know what's even sadder?
感觉自己好老。你知道什么更可悲吗?
I just heard that Veronica's looking for work,and she's 39.
我听说维罗妮卡还在找工作,她都39了。
In this business? After 35,they take you out back,and they shoot you in the face.
在广告界? 35岁之后他们把你换下来,然后朝你脸上开枪。
Lynette Scavo. We,re ready for you. Coming.
利奈特斯卡沃。轮到你面试了,来吧。
Do me a favor. If you hear a gunshot,tell my four kids I love them.
请帮我个忙,如果你们听到枪响,麻烦告诉我的4个孩子,我爱他们。