第44周 度假
荧屏情景:
星期三 露营 片段选自《青春大反抗》 Youth In Revolt 27:35--28:26
Lefty: I told my parents about my sister going all the way with Carlo. Now she's playing that damn Ashlee Simpson album over and over again. My life is a living hell, Nick. It is a living hell.
莱夫迪:我告诉老爸老妈,姐姐整天和卡洛出去玩。现在她整天播放阿什利·辛普森的唱片。我的生活就是地狱,尼克。
Nick: Damn. I think I've got something to cheer you up, my friend. His name is Albert.
尼克:真不幸。我带了条狗来逗你开心。它叫阿贝尔。
Lefty: I don't know why you have a dog. You hate dogs.
莱夫迪:你怎么养狗了?你讨厌狗的。
Nick: This is more than a dog. This is my only tangible link to the love of my life.
尼克:这不只是条狗,还是我和心上人有形的联系。
Lefty: You met a girl?
莱夫迪:你认识了一个女孩?
Nick: She isn't just a girl, Lefty. She's a comely angel sent to teach me about all that is good in the world.
尼克:她不是普通的女孩,莱夫迪。她是美丽的天使,来到人间让我看到所有美好的东西。
Lefty: Is she prettier than Millie Filbert?
莱夫迪:她比米莉·菲尔博还漂亮?
Nick: Lefty...after seeing Sheeni you would look at Millie and you would see no more than a slatternly wench tring to muddy your perception of what the standard for a pretty girl should be.
尼克:莱夫迪,见过辛妮以后,你再看米莉,就像看到脏兮兮的村姑,只会让你倒胃口。
Lefty: How do I know you're not making this girl up?
莱夫迪:我怎么知道这不是你虚构出来的女孩?
来源:可可英语 //m.moreplr.com/menu/201409/329459.shtml