第52周 运动
荧屏情景:
打壁球 片段选自《摩登家庭》第1季第14集 Modern Family S01E14 08:43--09:12
Jay: Hinder! Lucky shot!
杰:防守阻碍!运气球!
Cam: That is game! And, believe, match.
卡姆:比赛结束!比赛说明一切啊。
Jay: Yep. Fine. You won. But, you know, what do you expect? For the first half the game, I was distracted by what happened in the locker room.
杰:好吧,你赢了。但你知道吗?比赛前半程,我一直被刚才的事困扰着。
Cam: And you're sure it's not because I'm a fabulous racquetball player?
卡姆:不是因为我的球技非凡?
Jay: You're average, but I was a little thrown by you touching me, which is unnatural. Not to you, of course. No, to you, it's like rocket fuel.
杰:你不过尔尔,我只不过因为你碰到了我很不舒服,多不自然啊。对你来说大概没什么。不,对你来说应该很开心。
Cam: Oh, sure. When you're gay, you just walk around giving butt bumps to everybody.
卡姆:哦!是啊,你是个同志的话,就会走到哪儿都会想和别人屁股对撞一下。
注:如视频无法播放,请刷新
重点讲解:1. that is
就是说;即;
eg. I am a disappointing, though generally dutiful, student. That is, I do as I'm told.
我虽然总的来说循规蹈矩,但依然是个令人失望的学生,就是说,叫我做什么我就做什么。
eg. It's just the matter of the schedule, that is, if it is convenient for you right now.
这只是时间安排上的问题,就是说,要是您现在方便的话。
2. walk around
四处走动;
eg. He walked around the table touching glasses with all the foreign guests.
他绕桌子走了一圈,和所有的外宾都碰了杯。
eg. She likes to walk around in bare feet.
她喜欢光着脚走来走去。