每天我都被电子邮件搞得越来越无力从心。
Once I turn on my computer and look at my inbox, I get sucked into reading and responding to emails.
我一打开电脑,浏览收件箱,就牵涉到阅读及回复邮件。
I have a personal email account and an email account for work.
我有个私人电子邮件帐户及用于工作的电邮帐户。
With my work email, I try to take an organized approach.
有了工作邮箱,我就尝试着把事情安排的井井有条。
I scan each email looking at the sender and subject line, and delete the ones I don't need or want.
我浏览每封邮件查看发信人和主题,并删除那些我不需要或不想要的。
With the remaining ones, I archive some, file others for future reading, and write replies to the rest.
其余的我则进行归档,整理以供未来浏览,回复。
I've set up templates for the routine emails,but spend a lot of time drafting personalized responses to the rest.
我也设置了常规电邮的模板,但是花了太多时间起草个性化回复。
That takes up a large part of my workday.
这占用了我工作日的很大一部分时间。
When reading my personal email, I take my time.
而在阅读我的个人电邮时,我又花去了大把时间。
Yes, I get the usual junk that slips through the spam filters and get newsletters I keep meaning to unsubscribe from,
是的,我像往常一样接收进入垃圾过滤器的垃圾邮件,而且还有我一直想退订的商务通讯,
but people who have my personal email address are mainly friends and family.
但拥有我个人电子邮件地址的人主要是朋友和家人。
When I'm done and I look at the clock,
当我干完后我会关注下时间,
I'm often surprised at how much time I've spent processing email.
我常常惊讶自己花了多少时间处理邮件。
That's time I could have been spending working on my Celine Dion impression.
这是我会在席琳·迪翁上的时间。
“Near, far, wherever you are I believe that the heart does go on...”
无论远近亦或身处何方,我从未怀疑过心的执著。