Margaret:Okay, the teacher said that we should set up an ideal form of government for our imaginary country and then work out detailed plans for governance.
玛格丽特:好吧,老师说,我们应该为理想国家建立一个理想政体,然后制定详细的计划。
Tony:I think the simplest is a dictatorship.
托尼:我认为最简单的就是独裁政权。
I'll make all of the decisions.
我可以做所有决定。
Margaret:You're sounding like a fascist.
玛格丽特:你听起来就像个法西斯。
This is supposed to be a partnership, remember?
这应该是伙伴关系,记得吗?
Tony:Okay then, let's make it a monarchy.
托尼:好吧,让我们成为君主。
I can be king and you can be queen.
我当国王而你就是王后。
Margaret:You'll probably still make all of the decisions as king.
玛格丽特:你当了国王仍然能做出所有决定。
Maybe we should consider an oligarchy.
也许我们应该考虑寡头政治。
Your family and mine can rule equally.
你的家人和我同样能够管理。
Tony:That's fine with me, but you're the communist, or at least socialist.
托尼:我觉得很好,但你是共产主义,或者至少是社会主义。
Don't you think an oligarchy would be too elitist?
难道你不认为寡头政治有点精英主义吗?
I would think you would prefer a meritocracy of some sort.
我认为你会喜欢某种类型的精英。
Margaret:This isn't about my personal politics.
玛格丽特:这不是我个人的政治。
It's about what's best for our imaginary nation.
这是我们理想国家最好的方式。
How about a simple democracy?
简单的民主怎么样?
Tony:There's nothing simple about a democracy.
托尼:没有什么简单的民主。
How about no government at all?
没有政府怎么样?
Margaret:You mean anarchy?
玛格丽特:你的意思是无政府状态?
Tony:Sure, that would be the simplest.
托尼:当然,这本应是最简单的。
Margaret:Why do I get the feeling that you're making suggestions based on the amount of work this assignment will take, rather than political considerations?
玛格丽特:为什么我觉得你的建议是依照这个任务的工作量,而不是政治上的考虑?
Tony:That's because you're very perceptive.
托尼:那是因为你很敏感。
I have a big weekend planned!
我有一个很大的周末计划!