=====精彩回顾===
What Michelle Obama Misses About Normal Life
米歇尔·奥巴马遗失的正常生活
- So you're living in--And I visited you there,Portia and I and my brother,and we were lucky enough to go see you.But it's a big place.Now--
你住在——我和Portia和我的弟弟曾经有幸去拜访过你 。那真是个大地方 。
- It's a big house.
确实是一座很大的房子 。
- First of all, are you used to living in it by now? Do you get used to that?
首先,你现在习惯住在那里了吗?你习惯了那样的生活吗?
- Yeah, yeah,you absolutely do.
是的,肯定习惯了 。
I mean,when we first moved in,it was like drinking from a fire hydrant, you know? Just everything coming at you,trying to--
我是说,我们刚搬进去的时候,就好像用消防栓喝水一样,你能体会吗?一切都劈头盖脸地到来,试图——
- Have you tried that before? How would you know what that is? What a weird thing to do.
你曾经试过用消防栓喝水吗?你是怎么知道这种感觉的?多么怪异啊 。
- It's true.I guess you're right.
是真的 。我猜你是正确的 。
Let's just say it's hard.It's really hard.It was hard.
我们只能说,非常艰难,非常艰难,太艰难了 。
- And what will you look forward to the most when you're able to live a somewhat normal life?
如果你能过正常的生活,你最期待什么?
- You know, the one thing people don't realize is we can't do little things like open windows.
你知道,人们没有意识到的是,我们连开窗子这样的小事都不能做 。
You know?
你知道吗?
I mean, I look forward to getting in a car and rolling down the window and just letting the air hit my face.
我是说,我期待能驾驶着汽车,摇下车窗,让微风拂面 。
I mean, I haven't been in a car with the windows open in about seven years,if you can imagine that.
我已经大约七年没有打开车窗开车了 。你能想象吗?
- No.
不能 。
- So I'm gonna spend that first year just hanging out the window.
所以,如果能过正常生活,我第一年都想在窗户旁边逗留 。
Just...I'll just...Ah, the wind, you know?
专心享受风的感觉,你知道吗?
- People driving by."Was that Michelle?"
人们驾车经过你旁边就会问“是米歇尔吗?”
- Like, "She's hanging out the window again."
就好像,“她又在窗户旁边了 。”
- "Michelle was outside the sun roof."
“米歇尔在汽车顶棚外面 。”
- "Get back in!"- Yeah.
“快回去!”
- I just want some wind in my face.
我只是想让风吹一下 。
- Yeah, I don't--- Small things.
是的,我没有体会过 。——这确实是小事 。
- You don't think about that.
你却想都不敢想 。
- Yeah, we can't open windows.
是的,我们不能打开窗户 。
I mean, the windows in our house don't open.
我是说,我们家里的窗户也不能打开 。
- But on "Scandal" they go on the balcony all the time.You know?
但是在《丑闻》里,他们总是会去阳台上 。你知道吗?
- There is the balcony, yeah.That's real.
是的,确实有阳台 。是真的 。
- So you can go on the balcony.
所以你可以去阳台上 。
- We do,and go on the balcony,but that's really the only door we can open to the outside.
我们确实可以去阳台上,但是那是我们能向外打开的唯一的一扇门 。
- Oh.That's a bummer.
真是太糟糕了 。
- It's--- Yeah.
确实 。是的 。
- It's interesting.- Yeah, it really is.
很有趣 。