Oh, hello, John. Are you using your dictating machine this morning
哦,你好,约翰。今天早上你用录音机吗?
I've got a long report I must dictate.
我需要录一份长报告。
Can I borrow your machine
我可以借一下你的录音机吗?
Of course. But can you spare me a second
当然可以,但是你能容我一点儿时间吗?
It's the message you sent me about the delivery delay of the control desks.
你发给我的关于控制台交货延期的消息有些棘手。
What's gone wrong
出什么事了?
Everything, John. We have to get the steel sheets we need for these desks from new suppliers.
约翰,我们需要从新的供应商那里购置桌子所需的钢板。
Well, the suppliers have got some trouble or other.
但是,供应商那里出了一点问题。
They say they will be a bit late with the delivery.
他们说交货的时间可能会晚一些。
But they can't be.
但是他们不能这样做啊。
Those control desks are a special order.
这些控制台是一笔特殊的订单。
They are wanted for one of the big computer companies.
是供应给大型的计算机公司的。
It's a very important contract.
这是一份很重要的合同。
When did we promise the delivery
我们约好的交货日期是什么时候?
On Thursday next week.
下周四。
And there's a penalty clause.
这是罚金条款。
We stand to lose 10 percent of our price for each week of overdue delivery.
逾期交货可能导致我们每周损失10%的价格。
Oh, these penalty clauses!
天哪,这些罚金条款!
Why did you sales people accept them
你们这些销售人员为什么接受这项条款?
We have to accept them; otherwise, we don't get the contracts.
我们只有接受这一条款,他们才会跟我们签合同。
Well, let's get on to the Buying Department.
这样吧,咱们联系一下采购部吧。
I only heard about the delay yesterday because we kept the production line clear to handle these special sheets. It's a dreadful nuisance.
我昨天才听说货物逾期的事情,之前为了专心做这批特殊的钢板,我们几乎停掉了其他的生产线。这真是个大麻烦。
It will be more than a nuisance if we don't meet on delivery date.
如果不按时交货的话就不止麻烦这么简单了。
It will cost us a lot of money.
这会让我们损失惨重。
Keep calm, John. We can perhaps claim compensation from the steel suppliers for failure to deliver on time.
冷静点,约翰。我们可以向供应商提出逾期交货索赔,
Then we will offset the penalty clause.
之后再抵消罚金条款。
Well, if you can.
好吧,如果这样可行的话。
Questions 9 to 12 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题9到12是根据上面对话所提出的问题。
Question 9.Why did the woman send the message to the man
为什么女士发信息给男士?
Question 10. What does the woman say about the new suppliers
关于新供应商,女士怎么说?
Question 11. How did the man get the contracts
男士是如何签到合同的?
Question 12. What does the woman suggest they do
女士最后的建议是什么?