Todd: OK, Mike you mentioned that you had eye surgery, so when you had your eye surgery, could you see after your operation?
托德:迈克,你说过你接受了眼部手术,那你手术之后能看见东西吗?
Mike: Well, that's.. no, I couldn't because I can't see anything out of my left eye, so when I had the operation on my right eye — once you have surgery inside your eye — now this is different surgery from the kind of surgery you get to clear your vision. These days everybody gets laser surgery to clear up their vision. It's completely different. It's operating inside the eye. After that, your eye gets filled with blood from the surgery. It bleeds inside your eye.
迈克:不能。我的左眼完全看不到东西,我的右眼接受手术时是在眼睛内部做手术,这种手术和矫正视力的手术不同。最近有很多人接受激光手术矫正视力。但这与我接受的手术完全不同。我接受的是眼睛内部的手术。手术过后,你的眼睛会充血,眼睛内部会流血。
Todd: Ooh!
托德:天哪!
Mike: Yeah. Well, it's normal, so but because of the blood, you have inside your eye, there's something called vitreous fluid. It's the fluid that's in your eye, and that eye becomes so filled with blood. There's so much blood covering it. You can't see. Your eye is like being in a very thick fog patch. You just can't see anything. So I took about two months for that blood to clear out of the eye, and for two months basically I was almost completely blind.
迈克:对,这是正常情况,因为眼睛内部有玻璃体液,所以会出血。因为眼睛内部有这种体液所以眼睛会充血。因为眼睛里充了太多的血,所以看不见东西。眼睛就好像被浓雾遮住了一样,什么都看不见。消除眼睛的充血用了两个月的时间,在那两个月里我几乎完全看不到。
Todd: Whoa!
托德:哇!
Mike: Yeah.
迈克:对。
Todd: So, when you mean blind, you said it was like fog so was it like a white blindness or a black blindness?
托德:你刚才说像被雾遮住一样,那你说的看不到东西是眼前白茫茫一片还是漆黑一片?
Mike: No, it was white.
迈克:白茫茫的。
Todd: It was white?
托德:白的?
Mike: And in fact, it's kind of weird. It's kind of weird to describe but when I saw... The first, I guess, the first two or three weeks, a couple of things happened. The first two or three weeks I couldn't see anything because the blood was completely inside the eye. Sometimes what happens though happens though is the blood, because you are sitting up, the blood drains down into the bottom of your eye and then you can see more and more gradually, but then at night you go to sleep and then you wake up the next day and the blood is all, makes stuff in your eye and then you are back to square one.
迈克:其实这说来有点怪异。要形容这种情况有点怪,不过我看东西时……前两三个星期发生了一些事。因为眼睛内部充血,我在前两三个星期什么都看不到。有时充血会发生变化,坐着的时候血会流向眼底,所以渐渐的你可以看到东西,但是睡了一觉,第二天早上醒来以后,血又回到了原来的状态,所以你又什么都看不到了。
Todd: Oh, man.
托德:天哪。
Mike: Yeah, so that was kind of harsh.
迈克:对,那很痛苦。
Todd: So, how did you get around? Who took care of you?
托德:那你怎么活动呢?当时谁照顾的你?
Mike: My mom. My mom and my brother actually. They came and they were helping me out a lot. I mean I have to thank them so much. I still do but, yeah they were golden. They were taking me everywhere and guiding me around and taking me to places and doing things and yeah, fantastic.
迈克:我妈妈。准确地说是我妈妈和我哥哥。他们过来照顾我,帮了我很多。我真的要好好感谢他们。他们真的太好了。他们带我去各个地方,在我走动时指引我方向,还会带我去做一些事情,非常好。
Todd: Well, you have a good family.
托德:你有个温暖的家庭。
Mike: I have a great family.
迈克:对,我的家庭很棒。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载