A case of insanity?
一宗精神错乱的病例?
Are you insinuating that I am insane?
你是在暗示我精神错乱吗?
The patient blurted out indignantly.
病人愤慨地脱口而出。
I insist that you release me immediately from this institution!
我坚决要求你立即把握从这个收容所里放出去!
Please rest at ease, my dear Mr.Brown.
请放心,我亲爱的布朗先生。
I have treated innumerable cases such as yours and have a great deal of insight.
我治疗了无数像你这样的病例,很有见识。
Patients who suffer from insanity invariably respond in the manner you have just done,replied the doctor.
患有精神错乱的病人反应总是像你刚才那样。医生回答。
The medicine you are about to receive is a recent innovation for the treatment of senile dementia.
你将要吃的药是最近发明出来治疗老年痴呆的。
It inhibits the violent mood swings that are common in patients such as yourself.
它能抑制像你这样的病人常有的剧烈情绪波动。
We shall initiate your treatment right away, with an initial dose of just 10 milligrams.
我们将马上开始对你的治疗,初始的剂量只有10毫克。
By the way, we seem to have a slight problem with our in-house records.
顺便说一下,我们的住院记录有点小问题。
Is your first name initial a B or a P?
你的名字的开头大写字母是B还是P?
It's ‘P',' Mr.Brown replied meekly.
是P,布朗先生谦恭地回答。
I want you to understand, doctor, you are hurting my innermost feelings.
我想让你知道,医生,你伤害了我内心深处的感情。
With the callousness innate in ruthless criminals, and paying no further attention to the patient, the doctor inserted the needle into Peter Brown's lower arm and injected three times the recommended dose.
医生带着残忍的罪犯天生的无情,不再注意病人,将针插入彼得布朗的前臂,注射了推荐的剂量的三倍。
Soon the inorganic chemical that was the main ingredient in the medicinal cocktail did its work, and Mr. P. Brown was inert and incapacitated.
很快,药用鸡尾酒的主要成分无机化合物发生作用了,P布朗先生变得迟钝,不能活动了。
The doctor, however, was just thinking of one thing: forging his patient's will so as to get access to a substantial inheritance.
然而,医生正在想一件事情:伪造病人的遗嘱,那样可以得到大量的遗产。
The doctor was quite certain that if any inquisitive busybody were later to insist on an inquiry, he would be found innocent.
医生非常确信,如果好奇的爱管闲事的人以后坚持要对此进行调查,也会发现他是清白无辜的。