芭芭拉:在虚线处签个字就可以了。
Sean:Didn't your parents ever teach you to read every document carefully before you sign it?
尚恩:你父母没教过你在签字之前要仔细阅读每份文件的吗?
Barbara:Not when the contract is boilerplate.
芭芭拉:这份合同是样板文件,不需要看的。
All of the terms are standard.
所有的条款都是公式化条文。
Sean:No, they're not.
肖恩:不,不是这样。
Did you notice in the fine print that if the agreement is cancelled, we're on the hook for additional charges?
你有注意到小字写着如果协议取消,我们需要负责额外费用这样的细节了吗?
Barbara:Really? No, I guess I missed that.
芭芭拉:真的吗?不,我想漏掉了。
Sean:If you had gone through this document with a fine-tooth comb as I have, you would have noticed that there are loopholes for the other side to end the contract at any time.
尚恩:如果你像我这样非常仔细地浏览这份文件,你会发现对方存在随时可将合同终止的漏洞。
Barbara:I guess I overlooked those.
芭芭拉:我想我忽略了这些。
Sean:And there are contingencies for problems on their end, but not on ours.
肖恩:对方如果有不可预见事件就能终止,但我们就行不通。
Barbara:Wow, I didn't realize they were trying to screw us.
芭芭拉:哇,我不知道他们想占我们的便宜。
Maybe we shouldn't do business with them.
也许我们不应该和他们做生意。
Sean:Relax. This is par for the course with this kind of contract.
尚恩:放轻松。有这样的合同是意料之中的。
They try to sneak in all kinds of things and it's our job to find them.
他们想在各种各样的事情上偷奸耍滑,我们的工作就是找出这些。
We just have to be vigilant, that's all.
我们只需要时刻保持警惕,仅此而已。
Barbara:Do you think this is going to take much longer?
芭芭拉:你认为这需要花更长时间吗?
They're waiting in the other room to finalize the agreement.
他们正在另一个房间等待敲定最终协议。
Sean:It'll take as long as it takes.
尚恩:只要能找出漏洞,就得花时间。
What do you think that cot is for?
你觉得这张小床是干什么用的?