Todd: Okay. So Josh, in another interview we were talking about foods that we don't like, now let's talk about activities or things we don't like to do.
托德:乔什,我们之前谈论过我们不喜欢吃的食物,现在我们来谈谈我们不喜欢做的事情。
Josh: Okay.
乔什:好。
Todd: Like for example, washing dishes, ironing clothes, mowing the lawn, things like that.
托德:比如洗碗、熨衣服、修剪草坪之类的事情。
Josh: Alright.
乔什:好。
Todd: Is there ... are there any other activities you really dislike doing?
托德:你有不喜欢做的事情吗?
Josh: Well, you mentioned washing dishes, I don't like that one.
乔什:你刚提到了洗碗,我不喜欢洗碗。
Todd: Oh, really?
托德:哦,真的吗?
Josh: I'd much rather mow the lawn than wash dishes.
乔什:我宁愿修剪草坪,也不愿意洗碗。
Todd: So what's it about washing dishes that you don't like?
托德:你为什么不喜欢洗碗?
Josh: I guess, it's just the idea of touching dirty plates that everyone ate off of and then they sat at the sink for a couple of hours and it grosses me out. So I'll do it but it's not something I enjoy.
乔什:我想是因为要碰所有人吃完的脏盘子,而且这些盘子还在洗碗槽里放了几个小时,这让我感觉恶心。我可以洗碗,但我不喜欢。
Todd: Yeah. That's interesting because I'm actually ... like I don't like cooking. I hate to cook but I don't mind doing the cleanup.
托德:好。这有点儿意思,因为我并不喜欢烹饪。我讨厌做饭,但是我不介意做清理的工作。
Josh: Really?
乔什:真的吗?
Todd: Yeah.
托德:对。
Josh: You see, I love cooking.
乔什:我喜欢烹饪。
Todd: Oh, you do?
托德:哦,是吗?
Josh: I cook all the time.
乔什:我经常做饭。
Todd: Really?
托德:真的吗?
Josh: Yeah.
乔什:对。
Todd: It's like so messy and time consuming.
托德:我认为做饭很麻烦,而且又浪费时间。
Josh: And I guess I treat it more as an art than anything and then I just work on it. And then when it's done, I like when people are like, "Oh, it's so good." And I'm like, "Thank you."
乔什:我把烹饪当做一种艺术,我认为我是在完成一件艺术品。在完成以后,我喜欢听到人们说:“哦,这太棒了。”我会说:“谢谢”。
Todd: That's true. That's true. That's a good point. I guess for me I don't like cooking because it's the opposite of cleaning and like everything's getting progressively dirtier and dirtier. Of course when you clean, everything is getting progressively cleaner and cleaner.
托德:对,没错。说得好。对我来说,我不喜欢烹饪是因为这与清理工作相反,所有东西变得越来越脏。而清理时,所有东西会越来越干净。
Josh: That's ... that's very true.
乔什:没错。
Todd: I kind of like that.
托德:所以我喜欢清理。
Josh: Yeah, cooking makes a mess.
乔什:对,烹饪是会弄得一团乱。
Todd: So are there any other household chores you don't like to do, like dusting, there's dusting.
托德:你还有其他不喜欢做的家务吗?比如打扫之类的。
Josh: I can't stand dusting. I was actually going to say that one.
乔什:我受不了打扫。我刚要说这个。
Todd: Oh, really?
托德:哦,真的吗?
Josh: Because it just gets my allergies going so badly.
乔什:因为那会让我的过敏更严重。
Todd: Ah, right.
托德:啊,这样啊。
Josh: And so that's a pain. And you know dust seems like of where it just builds and builds and builds, and it's like...
乔什:那很痛苦。你知道灰尘会越积越多,就像……
Josh: Absolutely, you could do it every day and still need to do it the next day.
乔什:每天都要打扫,虽然今天打扫过,明天还是要打扫。
Todd: Yeah. And like you can ... like my house is really bad, like it builds up and you know, you almost don't want to look on the top ledges or anything.
托德:对,你可以……像我家的情况就很糟,灰尘越积越多,让你几乎不想去看壁架的顶部。
Josh: Yeah.
乔什:嗯。
Todd: That's definitely my motto, just don't look at anything above eye level and then it does...
托德:那是我的座右铭,不要看视平线以上的任何东西……
Josh: Right. You don't have to worry about it.
乔什:好。你不用担心。
Todd: Right. And it does like ... it's the one thing where it's probably not healthy for you, right? Because you can be breathing it in.
托德:好。就像……这可能是你不健康的东西,对吧?因为你可能会吸入灰尘。
Josh: Yeah, that's true.
乔什:对,没错。
Todd: Yeah.
托德:对。
Josh: Actually, I read somewhere that dust is actually 98% dead skin that just drifts off you.
乔什:实际上,我之前看到有文章说灰尘有98%是人体脱落的死皮细胞。
Todd: Is that true?
托德:这是真的吗?
Josh: Yeah.
乔什:对。
Todd: That's disgusting, isn't it? And we breathe that in, it's all floating in the air all the time.
托德:这太恶心了,不是吗?我们会吸入灰尘,而且它一直在漂浮在空气里。
Josh: Oh my gosh.
乔什:哦,我的天哪。
Todd: And if you leave your windows open, it's you're whole neighborhood. Well there's a lot of dead people in this house I tell you that. What about outdoor stuff, you know you've got pulling weeds, mowing the lawn, watering the grass, taking out the trash, any outdoor stuff?
托德:如果开着窗户,你就会吸入整个社区的灰尘。那房子里就会有很多人的死皮细胞。那室外活动呢,比如拔杂草、修剪草坪、给草坪浇水、倒垃圾,这里面有你讨厌的事情吗?
Josh: Well, I actually like mowing the lawn. It's a good workout, you know, especially if you have an old fashioned push lawn mower.
乔什:其实我喜欢修剪草坪。这是一种很棒的锻炼,用老式推草机更锻炼。
Todd: Yeah, oh yeah.
托德:对,是的。
Josh: So you get a good workout and push it around and the grass looks a lot better. And then weeding is a pain because you've got to get down on the ground and get in the mud and pull it all out and like buckets, and it's never done like dusting, yeah.
乔什:修剪草坪是很棒的锻炼方式,用推草机修剪草坪,草坪会看起来更好。不过拔杂草是痛苦的工作,因为你要蹲下来,进入泥地,把杂草拔出来放到桶里,那像清理灰尘一样永远做不完。
Todd: And weeds like come back, right?
托德:杂草还会再长出来,对吧?
Josh: Yeah, exactly. Every day, there's a new one.
乔什:对,没错。每天都会长出新的杂草。
Todd: Right, And the position that you have to be in to pull the weeds, it's so uncomfortable.
托德:对,而且拔杂草的姿势非常不舒服。
Josh:Exactly. Yeah, like crouch down and yeah.
乔什:没错。要蹲下来。
Todd: Yeah, I hear you.
托德:对,我刚听到了。
Josh: It's hot and it's horrible.
乔什:非常热,非常可怕。
Todd: Yeah, there's always jobs you hate to do.
托德:对,总有你不喜欢做的事情。
Josh: Yeah.
乔什:对。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载