第一,情景对话
A: What are you supposed to do now?
你看现在该怎么办呢?
B: The only thing for me to do is to get on the bandwagon.
我只能随大流了。
A: It can be taken as a way.
这倒是个办法。
第二,词海拾贝
get on the bandwagon
exp. To join or follow something once it is successful or popular. (随大流,赶浪头)
e.g. ——I thought your mom hated that candidate.——Well, he's the president now, so she decided to get on the bandwagon.
——我以为你妈妈讨厌那个候选人。——嗯,他现在是总统,所以她决定随大流。
e.g. I can't stand these people who just get on the bandwagon after a win. Where were they last year when the team was terrible?
我受不了那些在我们获胜的之后随大流的人,去年我们的球队很糟糕的时候,他们在哪里?
第三,语汇积累
1.be supposed to:应该
e.g. How am I supposed to take care of the documents?
我应该怎么处理这文件?
e.g. Last summer, he was supposed to have been the best man at his brother's wedding.
去年夏天他本该在他哥哥的婚礼上当伴郎。
2.take...as...:把......看做......
e.g. He is taken as the best doctor in town.
他被公认为城里最好的医生。
e.g. He has never taken you as a friend, only a henchman.
他根本没把你当朋友, 只不过把你当成了他的腿子。
第四,口语句型
表述:某人唯一能做的事情是......
句型:The only thing for sb. to do is to......