第一,情景对话
A: Mum, Yale accepts my application.
妈妈,我被耶鲁大学录取了。
B: Really? You get your cheese at last. I'm so proud of you .
这是真的吗?你终于如愿以偿了,我真为你骄傲。
A: I will make you even prouder, I ensure you.
我保证会让你更骄傲的。
第二,词海拾贝
get one’s cheese
exp. To accomplish something successfully.(达到预期目的,如愿以偿)
e.g. ——I heart that Peter has found a right job for himself.——He has got his cheese.
——我听说Peter找到自己一份合适的工作。——他如愿以偿了。
e.g. Although he had his eye on the presidency of Ford, he can never get his cheese.
他有意当福特公司的总裁,但从未想过能够如愿以偿。
e.g. He tried many times to pass the examination, and in the end he got his cheese.
他多次努力试图通过考试,最后终于如愿以偿。
e.g. I always dreamed of having a college education and now I get my cheese!
我一直梦想接受大学教育, 而现在我如愿以偿了!
第三,语汇积累
1. be proud of:为......感到骄傲
e.g. He is proud of his daughter's ability to speak four languages.
他为女儿能说四种语言而骄傲。
e.g. Steven had always been very proud of his taste.
Steven 一向对自己的审美感非常自豪。
2. at last:最后,最终
e.g. His wish to visit China has at last come true.
他要访华的愿望终于实现了。
e.g. After a long dispute, he at last made a concession to me.
经过长时间的争论,他终于对我让步。