第一,情景对话
A:Prof. James often tells us not to have your heart in your boots no matter what happens.
吉姆教授经常告诉我们无论发生什么事都不要失望。
B: That's right. But sometimes I Just can't help.
对,但有时我就是做不到。
A: Let's learn to overcome the feeling.
那就学着克服这种感觉。
第二,词海拾贝
have one’s heart in one’s boots :极为悲观消沉,失望
e.g. Despite having his heart in his boots, he managed a smile.
他尽管很失望, 还是强颜为笑。
e.g. I had my heart in my boots because I missed the concert.
没能参加音乐会我很失望。
e.g. He had his heart in his boots as other guests were not coming.
其他客人没有来,他感到失望。
第三,语汇积累
no matter:不管
e.g. No matter who point out our shortcoming, we will correct them.
不管谁指出我们的缺点,我们都改正。
e.g. No matter what you do, never lose heart.
不管你做什么,永远不可泄气。
e.g. We must keep the whole thing in low key no matter what happens.
无论发生什么事,我们在整个事件中必须保持低调。
e.g. No matter when the invaders come, they will be wiped out clean.
不管侵略者什么时候来,都必被消灭。