第一,情景对话
A: What do you really want?
你到底想要什么?
B: Let me see.
让我想一想。
A: Have you made up your mind?
你决定了吗?
B: No. I don't know which to choose.
没有,我不知道该怎么选择。
A: You'd better make a decision here and now. Don't hesitate any more.
现在决定吧,别再犹豫了。
B: All right.
好吧。
第二,词海拾贝
here and now
exp. At this exact place and point in time; right now. (目前,此刻)
e.g. Yes, but I'm not worried about his past production—I'm worried about his low sales in the here and now!
是的,但我不担心他过去的产量——我担心的是他此时此地的销售量低!
e.g. Try to be in the here and now, instead of focusing so much on what the future may bring.
试着活在当下,而不是过于关注未来会带来什么。
e.g. OK, no more delays, make a decision right here and now.
好了,别再耽搁了,现在就做决定吧。
e.g. We're going to solve this thing, by ourselves, here and now.
现在,我们要自己解决这个问题。
第三,语汇积累
1.make up one’s mind:决定,决心
e.g. He has make up his mind to prove that Mary's argument doesn't hold water.
他决心要证明玛丽的论点是站不住脚的。
e.g. Henry arrived at the embassy still undecided, with not much more than a half hour in which to make up his mind.
亨利来到大使馆还没拿定主意,他只有半小时可以考虑了。
2.make a decision:做决定
e.g. It's hard to make a decision without knowing all the facts.
不知道全部实情,很难作决定。
e.g. We must look ahead before we make a decision.
我们作出决定之前必须想得远一点。