第一,情景对话
A: Why not go dancing with us?
和我们一块去跳舞吧。
B: I'd love to, but I've got to hit the books.
我也很想去,可是我还得啃书本。
A: You can study tomorrow.
明天再学习吧。
B: No. We'll have a quiz tomorrow.
不行,我们明天有个小测验。
第二,词海拾贝
hit the books
exp. To study hard. (努力学习,用功学习)
e.g. You better hit the books if you want to pass your exam on Friday.
如果你想通过星期五的考试,你最好用功读书。
e.g. I spent the weekend pounding the books. I gotta go home and hit the books. I have finals next week.
我整个周末都在看书。我得回家去看书了,我下周有期末考试。
e.g. You’re going to hit the books and make something of yourself ?
你可以用功读书,让自己有所成就吗?
e.g. My exams are soon so I’d better start hitting the books.
我马上就要考试了,所以我最好开始用功读书。
第三,语汇积累
1.would love to:愿意做......
e.g. This baby would love to have you sing her to sleep.
这个孩子就喜欢你用催眠曲把她送入梦乡。
e.g. I would love to show you some of the things we are doing here.
我很高兴能为你展示我们正在进行的事情。
2.have got to:必须
e.g. You have got to take him right.
你必须规规矩矩地对待她。
e.g. I have got to phone one.
我要给人打电话。
have a quiz:测验
going dancing:去跳舞